If I say to you that I love you more than dirt, you might say back in a snarky manner, "Well Thanks Gina..."
If I say this to you, it means that I truly love you. You see I am going to go off my rocker here for a second and explain some things. Dirt to me, is more than just some inconvenient substance beneath my feet. My love for dirt started when I was a kid. Isn't it almost every child's most favorite natural thing, DIRT!? We get jaded as we grow, the pureness and innocence of our connection to the Earth sort of gets miss placed. Dirt is ALIVE! My relationship with dirt is restored because now more than ever I understand it. The make-up it presents is fascinating. It is unfortunate to me that we cover it up with concrete, blast away at it, changing it's path indefinitely. Without dirt we would not be. Dirt is the skin of the Earth. It should be our most prized natural resource. It should be handled with care and positive energy. Sealing it off and contaminating it, I fear will be our biggest mistake as Humans. Think about how sick we are..? As a creature on this Earth, produced by the very elements the Earth is made of, we are not thriving. We are sick. Disease is something almost every person I know deals with. The sad and increasingly devastating number of children that are sick in our country is cantankerous. It seems as though it is just too much to deal with, but in reality it is not! The beautiful truth is that you can make the difference in your own home. One by one, families can reverse this epidemic immediately. Here is the kicker, eating right, RIGHT NOW is the solution to your problems. Your body is an incredible vessel that has natural healing powers. You just have to fuel it properly. You can make the difference with your children with these numbers. If you are a kid reading this, stand up for yourself and make better decisions. Protect the most vital thing that is giving you life, Dirt! Grow your own Garden, stop putting toxic waste in ya beautiful self mon! If a family in Brooklyn can grow vegetables on their roof top, I'm pretty sure we can do this in any space. Take time for yourself and your family. Save money for important meaningful things and care for your Earth. Listen folks, Mother Nature is going to fight back and she will win. Let's step off our high horse and become humble to her. Magic is the Bloodstream to the Universe, Faith is the Key, Desire is the Intention and Love is the Need! We all desperately need human connection, but more importantly, I know we need a deeper connection to the Earth beneath us. I dream about coming home to New York and stepping on my family's land. My daughter talks about our land as if it is a sanctuary. It is amazing when you are young, how you see things so clearly. She and my Granddad would explore, as he did this with all of us. He was a Science teacher and loved the Earth. I love that his passion for what is natural was embedded in me. Even though I lost sight of those things, I am on that path of redeeming my union with my maker, the elements around me. Evolving takes patience, right? The fact of the matter is, I am made up of dirt and that is exactly where I will end up!
I asked Google to define Dirt, this is what I got: A substance, such as mud or dust, that soils someone or something, any substance that is filthy our foul. SERIOUSLY? Why are we giving the one main component of what we are made of such a terrible description? I think it is time for change peeps! If you are my friend and think I am crazy now, well guess what, you're going to get crazy with me!! I am going to have an annual Dirt Party and you are invited!!! I know I have a couple of friends saying, "SWEET, I'll bring the dip!" It is time for us to be kids again! Bringing awareness to yourself is all that matters. Making small changes will make a significant impact on the most important natural resource that we have, besides the Sun of course..Close your eyes and imagine right now what it would be like if the Sun took a vacation and the skin of the Earth, died.......
We should have Faith in ourselves to have the Love and Desire to be the Magic to the Universe..
It is in our hands.
Namaste~
No comments:
Post a Comment